Geofences are great tools to monitor your goTenna network’s entry and exit activity for a designated area (shape).
If you send a shape over the goTenna radio and there is a Geofence associated with it, the Geofence will be shared as well.
Please note the following limitations:
- Receiving a shape with a Geofence that is already active on your device will turn off that Geofence.
- The Send functionality in the shape’s Geofence menu does not send the Geofence over goTenna. You must send the entire shape after configuring the Geofence.
- The Custom Monitor is limited to CoT2525B points.
For instructions on how to draw a shape, click HERE.
- Select a designated area on your map (shape) to display the radial menu, then tap the Geofence icon
- Choose one of the following triggers:
- Choose one of the following entities to monitor:
- TAK Users
- Friendly - This includes non-user friendly icons that are populated by other users
- Hostile - This includes all hostile icons that are populated by other users or sensors
- Custom - You could choose “Map Select” or “Overlays” to monitor specified map icons
- Enabled > Tracking must be selected for the Geofence to function
- Elevation is not required
- Click “OK”.
- To send the Geofence with your goTenna network, you must send the entire shape the Geofence is associated with.
Notice: The Send functionality in the shape’s Geofence menu does not send the Geofence over goTenna. You must send the entire shape after configuring the Geofence.
- Tap the shape with the Geofence you want to send to open the radial menu
- Click the details icon at the 5 o’clock position of the radial menu
- Click the “SEND” button at the bottom