This section of the Portal is where admins can set up various permissions for users depending on which groups they are in. Admins can set between zero to four permissions for each group. The permissions are as follows:
The following are the rights Service Users are granted on the Portal.
- Service users can create frequency sets in the application.
- Service users can share QR codes with frequency sets and encryption key information from the application or plugin.
- The number of permitted Service Users is created at the time of Portal creation.
- This function is controlled by the goTenna Team.
- There is an unlimited amount of Service User permissions.
Problem 1: Service User Limit exceeded
Solution: When the admin is creating a group, an error will prompt a user to reduce the number of users in a group
Contact the goTenna team to ensure the portal is setup correctly
See Roles and Permissions for additional details.
Quick PLI Updates
By Default the quickest PLI (Position Location Information) refresh rate is 30 seconds. That means every thirty seconds goTenna will check and broadcast the user’s location. If you want the option to update every 5 or 15 seconds, you must turn on quick PLI updates.
Problem 1: Quick PLI Limit exceeded
Solution: When the admin is creating a group, an error will prompt a user to reduce the number of users in a group if the group is not set up correctly.
Problem 2: Battery draining quickly, messages receiving slowly.
Solution: With Quick PLI updates, you will be draining your battery much faster than slower PLIs. Quick PLIs can also affect your system’s ability to process messages, effectively slowing down other messages on your network.
GPS Backhaul Enabled
Enable End-User Devices to Backhaul GPS and Position Information Updates to the goTenna Portal.
Turn on this setting to “backhaul” (share) your entire off grid network through an active internet connection with a “Mission Control User.”
Mobile Deployment User
- New feature coming soon, Intended to enable an EUD with this permission to be used to Deploy other EUDs
Mission Control User
- This is the only permission setting NOT in groups.
- This can be found under USERS when you add/edit a user.
- This setting gives you the ability to view the backhaul map data on the portal. (Click here for more information).
Contact the goTenna team to ensure the portal is setup correctly. firstname.lastname@example.org