goTenna’s Aspen Grove Mesh Networking protocols enable our highly efficient, low power, narrow bandwidth mesh networks. We are excited to release the latest Aspen Grove protocols with our v1.4 goTenna Pro app and TAK plugin release...here’s what you need to know:
The v1.4 goTenna Pro app and TAK plugins require users to install the 2.0.20 firmware version on their goTenna Pro/Pro X radios. This update will bring increased network capacity, improved battery life, and compatibility with future Aspen Grove releases. To update, simply pair your goTenna to the new v1.4 Pro app or TAK plugin and follow the prompts to update your firmware. The latest goKit update will also enable you to bulk update your devices to 2.0.20.
- v1.4 Pro apps and TAK plugins must use v2.0.20 firmware on the goTenna Radio
- The prior app version (v1.2) must use v0.17.30 firmware.
- Your entire goTenna network must use the same app/firmware configuration. v1.2 apps with 0.17.30 firmware will not be able to operate with v1.4 apps with 2.0.20 firmware.
It is important for your organization to update all apps and firmware to use the version at the same time. If you often interoperate with other organizations using goTenna, be sure to coordinate with them to make sure you’re using the same version.
If you have updated to the 1.4 apps and 2.0.20 firmware, and need to downgrade to 1.2 apps and 0.17.30, simply install the v1.2 Pro app and pair to your goTenna. You will be prompted to downgrade your firmware to 0.17.30. You can also use your goKit to downgrade your device firmware if needed.
A few more things to note:
- All future feature updates will be based on the 1.4 apps/2.0.20 firmware. Customers continuing to use 1.2 apps and firmware will not receive new feature updates.
- While we will not be developing new features for the 1.2 apps, we will continue to support 1.2 apps for 6 months. This means we will ensure existing functionality with new iOS, Android, and TAK core updates during this time period.
- You can expect v1.2 apps to be sunsetted February 2021.
We encourage all customers to begin transitioning their devices to new apps and firmware in the coming months. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to prosupport@goTenna.com.