- Increase battery life and network capacity with enhanced Aspen Grove™ mesh protocols
- Updated contacts section: Import contacts that matter most instead of displaying all of your device contacts
- Share more frequent position location updates at 5 and 15 second intervals in the goTenna Pro app
- Quick access to PLI sharing settings from the main menu for Pro app
- Streamline broadcast encryption key sharing methods for improved security and deployment flexibility
We’ve introduced a new set of functionality to the goTenna Pro app that improves awareness of team connectivity as well as streamlines the process to start a 1:1 chat with a teammate.
You will now see every user that has shared PLI on your network as an “active user”. Each user who I have received PLI from (comms check, automatic position updates, or manual position update) will appear on the active users list with a green or grey dot, indicating if I am actively receiving PLI or if the user or if the user has staled out. If the user has staled out, the last time PLI was received from the user will be displayed within the grey icon. Users can easily select the team members who have populated on the home screen as an active user to begin a chat with them.
Users can ping their location to other team members on their network using a new “Comms Check” feature. This will populate that user on the team’s home chats screen and map. You can only perform a comms check every 30 seconds to avoid overcrowding the network.
Additionally, we’ve included a feature to allow users to quickly save and share map objects over broadcast chat. This eliminates steps required to share a newly created map object with your team. Users can select “Save & Broadcast” in order to send the map object over the Broadcast chat network. Note that any encryption enabled for broadcast chat will apply to this map object.