goTenna’s Portal Map and Backhaul features allow groups to maintain situational awareness between offline deployed groups and online coordinators. Simply having one internet-connected node in an otherwise off-grid goTenna network, allows the backhauling of that entire network’s map objects and position location information (PLI) to an online server. See our video on Portal Map and Backhaul here.
A service user or field user can be designated a Mission Controller (assigned when a user is created). They will now have access to the Map feature when signed in to the Pro Portal. An administrator can create multiple Mission Controllers that can deploy together.
You can assign users the permission “GPS Backhaul Enabled” through Groups. As long as these individual users have internet connection, they can backhaul all off-grid goTenna network PLIs and map objects, including their own.
- Designate a Mission Controller:
- Users>Add User>Mission Control User (On)
- Portal Map View
- Active users will natively appear as blue dots. Staled out users will appear as grey dots, but will retain their group’s color around the edge of their icon.
- Control center options:
- Users: View all users that are in the backhauled network.
- Groups: View all groups that users are assigned to. Users will have been assigned to groups by the admin via the portal prior to deployment.
- Objects: View all objects backhauled by the Mission Controller.
- Toggle between satellite, topographic, and street views directly in the map.
- Center the map, clear the map, or enter full screen with the options below the map view toggle.
- To keep the map clean, you can choose to hide or reveal users, groups, and map objects directly in the control center.
- Assign colors to users and groups through the Control Center.
- Changing the color of a user will override any color previously assigned to his group