Also see the Pro X ATAK guide
goTenna cannot distribute TAK; your organization must request access through https://takmaps.com/
The Pro X devices offer compatibility with the TAK platform when used in conjunction with the goTenna plugin
See the installation video
Alternatively, the plugin can be side-loaded onto the EUD using a wireless connection or USB, and then selected and installed under the EUD's file viewing application
goTenna plugin users can now scan QR codes to receive multiple Frequency Sets. Additionally plugin users can share multiple Frequency Sets at once. This may generate more than one QR code. You must have at least version 1.2 to scan multiple codes.
Frequency Sets marked as Use Only cannot be shared or edited by the recipient. The specific channel information is also hidden. The use only flag is set when creating a QR code.
Plugin users can now manually enter frequency sets and share via QR or OTA.
- Receiving a shape with a Geo Fence that is already active on your device will turn off that Geo Fence.
The Send functionality in the shape's Geo Fence menu does not send the Geo Fence over goTenna. You must send the entire shape after configuring the Geo Fence.
The Custom monitor is limited to CoT 2525B points.
- Group messaging is not currently supported, only 1-to-1 and All Channels
- Streaming channel is not supported
The position markers also indicate if a user is only a goTenna node via a goTenna logo overlaid on the marker.
Note: PLI marker sent over goTenna stales out in correlation to sender's PLI frequency. PLI markers stale out 4.5 times the sender's selected ping rate. In the case of distance, it stales out at 300 seconds.
Note: Your administrator may enable automatic location sharing at 5 and 15 second intervals. Please be aware that this will significantly increase network traffic and result in quicker battery consumption. It is recommended that no more than 5 devices broadcast at 5 second intervals and 7 devices at 15 seconds. When PLI updates are not needed at this frequency, it is recommended to revert the update interval to 30 seconds or more.
- Only CoT 2525B symbols are currently fully supported.
- Auto-sharing is not enabled.
- Polylines cannot have more than 8 points.
- Circles are not currently supported due to an ATAK core bug.
- You may not use the Free Draw tool, only the rectangular and polygon shape tools.
- Direction, method, type, and order.
- You can send approximately 6-8 points depending on the length of Check Point names, and the total count of control points and Check Points in the route.
- Navigation clues are not supported.
- Title is limited to 25 characters.
- HLZ Terrain and Obstacles (9 Line) are limited to 25 characters.
- Remarks are limited to 25 characters.
- MIST report is not supported.
- HLZ Brief is not supported.
- Only 1 weapon and timing can be transmitted per report.
- Line 1: Map object Ingress Pints (IP) is not supported.
- Line 5: Custom description is limited to 25 characters
- Line 7: Marks of Opportunity is limited to 25 characters
- Line 9: Custom is limited to 25 characters.
- Line 9: Map Object Egress Points (EP) is not supported.
- Remarks/Restrictions are not supported.
To obtain the latest goTenna plugin contact email@example.com and provide the version of TAK that you are using as well as if you are operating TAK or CIVTAK.