Device settings control several key functions of the goTenna Pro you can find help navigating this section by viewing the information provided below.
Navigate to Settings > Profile
- Emergency beacon - type in emergency info for the beacon when a user clicks 5 times on goTenna Pro.
LED control- Toggle the LED Off or On depending on user preferences.
- Note: This will not turn off the LED while charging, this will be addressed in a future release
Listen Only Mode- When activated, a user will receive only and will NOT join the mesh network or transmit messages or location information.
Scenario: Situation with counter spectrum analyzer in which it is important to receive messages, but not transmit.
Relay Mode- This mode allows the device to expand the mesh network without being connected to an End User Device (EUD), the Pro/Pro X unit will retransmit all traffic over the selected frequency set and can be placed in strategic positions or affixed to aerial platforms to greatly enhance range capabilities.
Note: It is important to unpair the goTenna after placing it in relay mode, the user will then need to pair the EUD (End User Device) to different goTenna Pro X.
With the following options you can make changes the Map layout, visibility and add new Contacts to the goTenna Block List.
Chat and Block List
Note: users can also Add to this list from this menu selection.
Change Visibility and view Downloaded Maps and Objects.
Note: Tapping the 3 dash icon on the top right will Display the information shown.
Choose a band to scan - UHF or VHF.
- RSSI Scan: received signal strength indicator.
Magenta lines are data channels you are on.
Thicker lines indicate greater bandwidth for larger packets of data.
Yellow lines are control channels you are on.
- Can view noise and operate relatively incognito by overlapping enemy radio transmissions. Listen before speak protocol will take effect (a tactic often used by the military).
- If too much noise on a certain part of the spectrum, can adjust to a more open part of the spectrum (often used by PD and FD).
Displays Important information of the status of the goTenna Pro Device when its in use. Useful information can be obtained via logs for our Support team to utilize.
Location Update History
See when your location was updated.
About - app version, firmware version, serial number.
Problem 1: How do I turn on relay mode?
Solution: There are 2 ways to initiate Relay Mode, in App and via button press.
- To turn on In app, navigate to menu, select device settings.
- Toggle the relay mode icon to on.
- You should receive a message indicating the unit is in relay mode.
- Button Presses
- On the goTenna Pro/Pro X, press the power button 3 times and wait for the LED display solid white
- Press the power button 3 more times and the LED turn off.
- Press One more time, the LED will display white flashes indicating the unit is in relay mode.
Important note: the goTenna Pro/Pro X MUST be paired before being placed in relay mode via button press. the pairing process tunes the device to the desired frequency set.
Problem 2: How do I locate a device that was placed in relay mode?
Solution: Without being connected to an EUD the Pro/Pro X device cannot transmit its own location, a simple solution for static locations is to drop a pin on the map where the unit is placed.