Automatic Location Sharing
Note: Automatic Location Sharing
- Automatic Location Sharing is not a default setting.
- Select “Automatic Location Sharing” from the main menu.
- Select the interval at which you would like to share your location with your teammate
- Once you have chosen your interval, select “Start Automatic Location Sharing” to save the setting.
- Other Sharing Functions
- Attach My Location (Pin Drop)
- Attach Frequency Set
- Auto accept location requests
- Attach Map Objects
Problem 1: I can’t see any other users in my group
- Ensure that the user is on the same frequency Set, users on different Frequency sets cannot see each other
- Ensure that the user is on the same encryption key as the group, users with different encryption keys cannot see each other
- Ensure that the End User Device has native GPS capabilities
- GPS location is derived from the End User device
- Some devices such as WiFi only tablets will not have GPS
Problem 2: I can see other GID’s but not their Call signs, how do I know who is who?
- Users must press on the GID from the map or chat window and save them as a new contact for this to update
- Ensure that each user has setup their callsign in the "Profile" settings