Portal goKit Management
In order to use your goKit, you will need to add it to the Management Portal. This will allow you to manage which Groups have access to the goKit, which frequency sets those using that goKit have access to, and you can manage the Apps stored on the goKit for offline download. goKits are managed much like Users and Groups.
Creating a new goKit
1. In order to add a goKit to your organization, you will need to:
- Create a goKit User ID - A User ID for the goKit.
- Create a password for the goKit.
- Confirm the password you've create for the goKit.
2. Once you've provided the above, select "Add".
3. The goKit will be added to your organization, it can then be assigned to Groups as well as have Frequency Sets and Applications added to it for use in the field.
Problem 1: goKit is logged out and I’m not near Wi-Fi or Cellular
Solution: The gokit must first sync with the portal at the time of login. So long as a user stays logged in they can use the kit as intended. If an end user logs out of their kit, they will have to connect to get to deployment mode
Problem 2: I forgot my goKit Username and password
- From the management portal, a new goKit can be provisioned. The user will need to remove their locked out kit and create a new username and password for their kit
- Ensure that end users re-create their goKit groups to ensure the correct applications and frequency sets sync
Note: goKit Groups
- goKit groups allow users to select which frequency sets, applications, and mission packs are stored on the kit
- The goKit has 30GB of internal storage
- .IPA and .APK files are the only supported application file types at this time
Problem 1: I reconfigured my gokit and now my applications and mission packs are not synced
Solution: Each time a kit configuration is replaced the user must re-create their goKit group to include their desired applications, frequency sets, and mission packs
App Uploads- Portal
Note: App Uploads
- Apps uploaded to the portal and added to a goKit group will sync and be stored on the goKit
- The Portal currently supports .IPA and .APK files at a maximum size of 200 MB
Problem: I’d like to store map data on my goKit
- The current supported files that are storable on the goKit are .IPA and .APK files
- Map data and other file types are being looked at by the goTenna product team for a future release