Note: Frequency Set
Also see the instructional video: Portal Frequency Sets
To create a new frequency set, you'll need to provide:
- A name for the frequency set.
- Your license ID - FCC operating ID/callsign (this field is not reported and is for place keeping purposes only)
- Max Power - The frequency's transmission power.
- The Bandwidth - You may select 4.54, 7.28, or 11.8 kHz.
- Control Channels - The channel on which transmission originates.
- Data Channels - The channel over which the data packets are sent.
Then select "Create"
- We recommend adding 3 Control channels and 13 Data channels for optimal performance
- Antennas are frequency specific- You cannot mix VHF and UHF frequencies with the antennas provided with your goTenna purchase
- Bandwidth and throughput
- 11.8 kHz provides 19.2 kbps throughput
- 7.28 kHz provides 9.6 kbps throughput
- 4.54 kHz provides 4.8 kbps throughput
- When able, it is best for battery and user performance to operate on 11.8 kHz bandwidth settings
Problem 1: I’m getting a Channel spacing error when creating my frequency set
Solution: The goTenna frequency sets must adhere to specific channel spacing requirements
- 11.8 kHz bandwidth setting: .025 Mhz spacing
- 7.68 kHz bandwidth setting: .0125 Mhz spacing
- 4.54 kHz bandwidth setting: .00625 Mhz spacing
Problem 2: Where can I find my FCC ID/ Why do you need my FCC license ID
Solution: FCC licenses can be retrieved from the FCC website
- This setting is not monitored and is a placeholder for organizations to manage their licenses