User Groups and Advanced PLI Control
Note: Portal User Groups
- User Groups allow users to assign frequency sets to specific users.
- User Groups allows admins to offer a specific user, or a set of users, Service User permissions.
- Service user permissions are required for a user to share frequency set QR codes or manually enter frequencies.
Creating User Groups
- User Groups are created at Users=>Groups=>Create New Group where the User Permissions, the Users, and the Frequency Sets you would like to be associated to the groups are selected.
- Click the Create Group button.
- Name the Group.
- If you'd like to grant the users within this Group Service User permissions, click the box to apply Service User Permission.
- Add users to the Group - To do so, select their name from the Users picklist on the left, then click the right arrow. This will move the user into the Group picklist.
- Add Frequency Sets to the Group - To do so, follow the same steps from before, selecting one or more frequency sets from the picklist and moving them into the Group picklist.
- Once the Group has the necessary Users and Frequency Sets, click the Create button.
- Users can be added to previously created groups in bulk at Users=>Manage and checking the box next to the desired users then selecting "Add to Groups".
- Users that are members of multiple groups will have access to the Frequency Sets associated with all groups and access to the least-restrictive permission settings of all groups.
Advanced Position Location Information (PLI)
- User Groups also allow the ability to unlock 5 and 15 second PLI updates, available both in goTenna ProApp and ATAK/CIVTAK goTenna Plugins.
- 5 second PLI updates should be restricted to groups up to 7 members.
- 15 second PLI updates should be restricted to groups up to 9 members.
- GPS Backhaul can be unlocked through the User Group settings as well, this is only available for the goTenna Pro App.
Problem 1: I’m getting an error # of Service users exceeded
Solution: The Pro-X comes with unlimited service users and the Pro comes with 1 service user. Contact sales for additional service user licenses